Thursday, March 26, 2009

Growing

I've Jillian's radio show inspirational. Her advice on improving yourself and preserving is helping me with evolve how I think and how I view things. Most of what she says is stuff that I've already heard but, I think its the hearing it over and over again that is helping me to make these habits more unconscious.

And with listening to that and listening to a podcast on Tolle's teachings and with what happened this weekend. I am not the same person I was last year or the year before. I sense that I am stronger and have more confidence in myself and I allow myself to be me (before I did not). And then I was watching Grey's and I heard this....

"It does not matter how tough we are. Trauma always leave a scar. It follows us home, it changes our lives. Trauma messes everybody up. But maybe that's the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all that is what keeps us moving forward. Its what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up before we can step up."
Karev

With what I've heard recently, it seems that we live in a culture where we try to bury, ignore, and medicate the pain, the trauma. The culture does not embrace. The culture doesn't try to understand what can be learned from the ugliest moments. I know for me, I cannot live that way. In order to lead a fulfilling live, I need to feel my emotions (whether good or bad), learn from them, and move on.

I kind of feel like I've gone through my trauma and I am in the stage of my life of stepping up. I am hopeful, optimistic, and I have faith in myself, in the universe, and the unknown.

There are a few things I feel that are calling me. I want to explore them and see if they help me live my best life. One of the podcasts said

"how is life calling me to serve on this planet sharing my unique gifts and
talents?"

So, how IS life calling me to serve on this planet sharing my unique gifts and talents? I will ask this question as often as I can. Life is a journey, not a destination.

I am striving to be my authentic self everyday. I am striving.

Stay well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment