Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Calorie Counting

Before counting calories was stressful but now I feel more empowered.

There was something Jillian said on her talkshow a few weeks ago: think of your calorie budget like a spending budget. With this new mindset, I am getting excited to see how much calories I am eating. I am also discovering that some of my evening hunger is dehydration and not hunger. I think this will help me manage my weight in the long run.

According to BMR and my heart rate monitor, by the end of the day, I'll have burned 2313 calories (I still might hop on the treadmill to burn another 72 calories to get to my 500 calorie a day burn. And I have consumed 1421 calories. I feel like now, when I do see a nutritionist, I'll have hard data to present to her.

I think this is the first Tuesday in a few weeks where I am not stressing over tomorrow's weigh in. And I've started meditating. I think I am going to fit it in after work. It makes since to me. Trying to live in the moment. So much of my anxiety and stressing is in relation to things that are in the future and might not ever happen. I am focusing on the moment.

I am going to finish watch the biggest loser and then study for an hour, hope on the treadmill and then study some more.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. And, btw. I bought a new belt today!!!!!!!!! The current one is barely doing its job. I've seeing the new improvements in my body.

Stay well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment