Monday, March 16, 2009

Calorie Count

I've finally decided to count my calories. It should not be that hard, since I pretty much eat the same thing every day. I've been listening to Jillian Michael's sunday radio show and I love it!!! She is such a source of information and inspiration. She keeps talking about BMR and calorie deficit, so I figured I'd try it out.

Based of the BMR(Basal Metabalic Rate)I burn 1714 just doing what I do. I burned an additional 502 through exercise and I ate about 1578 worth of calories. I created a deficit of 809 calories. It takes 3500 calories to loose 1 lb.

I am going to keep up this tracking to see if it makes a difference in my loss.

Also, I was on http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/two-pounds.htm and this article had some interesting things to say about how much weight to lose. He says about 1-2 lbs, up to a max of 1% of your body weight. If you wegigh 200lbs, than you can safely loose 2lbs per week. If you weight 300lbs, you can safely loose 3 lbs per week. Since it is all about calorie deficit, my goal is to have a calorie deficit of 750 a day. That means 5250 a week which will translate to 1.5 lbs per week.

And this is not taking into account the elevated calorie burn that occurs after a strength training session or circuit training.

Stay well everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment