Thursday, March 19, 2009

Obesity can shorten your life!!!! Losing weight can add years to your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090317/obese_study_090317/20090318?hub=Health

I study was published that says "The huge study concludes that for every five points above an ideal body mass index, a person's premature death risk rises by about one-third.....For this study, an ideal body weight was defined as a body mass index of 22.5 to 25.

The study found that an increase of BMI by five points over normal -- from 25 to 30 -- increased the odds of death:

from heart disease or stroke by 40 per cent
from diabetes, liver disease or kidney disease by 60-120 per cent
from lung disease 20 per cent
from cancer 10 per cent"

My BMI is 30.4. If I had not hit my bottom, this might have been it.

I want to look at it this research in the following ways:

1) by maintaining your weight, you are not taking years off your life
2) by losing weight, you are adding years to your life.

How long do you want to life?

This is going to make me reaching 159 that much sweeter.

Stay well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment