Sunday, March 8, 2009

Amped Up

So yesterday increase the time I spend in a higher heart rate zone. Usually, my heart rate is somewhere between 155-170 for most of my workouts. So yesterday, I decided to push myself. I did two 35 min walks with a 25 min break in between, and after my work out and a 6% incline transition for the first walk, I spent the rest of my walk at 9-11% incline and on the second walk at 8-10% incline and my heart rate above 170. There were a few times were I wanted to back down and take it easy, but I pushed myself (and I am so glad that I did).

And because of that, I was mentally able to push myself in the pool today. I did 1.15km (I was aiming for 1.2km but I ran (or swam, lol) out of time. There were a few times where my heart was pumping and I was getting out of breath and I kept going. I am soooo happy I did.

Currently my calorie count for this week is 2648 calories. I am going to throw in another walk this evening, so I can get my calorie count to 2800 by the end of day. That will leave 700 calories a day for Monday and Tuesday. I am trying to push past the 3500 calories this week (especially since I have been in the 2100s the past few weeks.

And since I had some chocolate almonds (I have started to form a bad grocery store habit) I need to make up for some extra calories I consumed. Yesterday and this morning I was at 197.5, so I am confident I can drop another 1.5lbs. I need to drop another 1.5 lbs to meet this weeks goal and get to 188 by April 1st.

Back to studying.

Stay well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment