Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chocolate and Health

I am going to post my calories for the past few days, just to keep track

Monday: Burned 2359, Consumed 1113, diff 1246
Tuesday: Burned 2359, consumed 1551, diff 653
Wednesday: burned 1860, consumed 1145, diff 715
Thursday: burned 2374, consumed 1121, diff 1253
Friday: burned 1860, consumed 889, diff 971
Saturday: burned 2410, consumed 1883, diff 527
Sunday: burned 2417, consumed 1396, diff 1022

Some of these numbers are approximate but here it is. I am on a good path for eating 1200 calories a day. I've bumped up my fruits and veggies and that is paying off.

I was watching an episode of X-Weighted and I think we, as a society, are becoming desensitized to what being overweight and obese looks like. The girl was 194, 5'6 which made her obese. I did not think she was obese and she was. And I have been obese for months!!!!!!!!!!!! At 191 I go from being obese to overweight. I am a size 14 and I could find lots of people who would say I look great. I don’t think anyone should look down on people for being overweight, obese, or mobidly obese, but I think we need to get real on what healthy looks like. Before I use to look at people and think “you are so thin” and these were not people who were size 0s or 2s, they were 6s or 8s, but now I look at them and think “you look healthy”. I don’t know what their lifestyle is like, but I think that we need to remember what healthy looks like. It is different for everyone, but healthy is out there for everyone. That’s my rant for the day.

And I hate it when stars go from being obese or overweight to being healthy and people give them crap. For example, when Jennifer Hudson dropped to a healthy size, people side she was selling out. She is a size 10 not a size 2, if hsheid it in a healthy way and she is maintaining a healthy life style, than why the backlash. I understand when actresses go from a size 6 to a size 2 or 0, the image they can be portraying in the media, but we need to remember that our lives are very different than theirs. And so are our bodies.

Either way, whether a size 2, 10, 18, or 26 we should celebrate who people and if they are get healthy, than great.

Just something to think about. Say well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment