Thursday, March 19, 2009

Doer

I know, I'm all Jillianified right now. But I was reading a blog on her website by Dr Steve Gundry, a cardiologist.

"......Yoda wags his finger at young Skywalker and says in Yoda speak: “Try not! Do or do not! There is no try!”

There in lies the key to your success. You don’t try to set the alarm clock; you set it. You don’t try to get to work at 9; you get there. To say you will “try” to do something gives yourself permission to fail. (“It’s okay, I really tried hard not to eat that whole bag of chips, but they were soooo good, I couldn’t help myself!”) But henceforth, you will not try to avoid certain foods; you will avoid them. You won’t try to eat certain foods; you will eat them. And the more you do this, the more you will become that person. Why? Because that’s who you are! There — you just learned the answer to the first question."

We’ll talk again soon. From now on, you are a doer, not a tryer!"

I know I've certainly been a tryer for a very long time. So I am going to make a list of things that I do. I need to think about them and kind of like the giving up restaurants and my future giving up TV for a month, I will DO this things for a month. Make a commitment to myself to improve my life. You all know how much I love challenges, so I'm confident I'll succeed. But I will update you later.

Our lives are within our control!!!

Stay well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment