Monday, March 2, 2009

Yummm and Ummmm

I made something fantastic!!!! I love eating Mexican food (or whatever version of Mexican food I get living this close to the 49th parallel. I wanted to make a baked mexicanny dish and search recipes and I could not find one that I really wanted. So, after reading a few, I put took bits and pieces I liked and made my own dish.
I had it yesterday and today for supper, and it is exactly what I wanted!!! Is it the best tasting dish in the world, but there is something to be said for eating what you want and what you need.

The dish consists of spices bird’s eye chilis, veggies (spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, a little bit of carrots,) beans (black beans, white kidney beans, and some other canned bean, I cannot remember) some tortilla shells, and a little bit of sour cream and avocado at the top. It is so jam packed with veggies with very little cheese (a lot of the recipes called for cheese). Un fortunately, I did not take accurate measurements and take note of what I used in a scientific manner to create a recipe (next time I promise) but I am sure I can duplicate it. I am so pleased with myself.

So today, my mother bought ice cream today. She’s sick, and for some reason, she wanted ice cream. So today when I was studying, I saw her eating it and all I could think was “ummmmmmm, I want some.” Because I woke up late, I had to workout in the evening, and I just finished. I did some intervals on the treadmill and some upper body and core strength training, so I do need a lil post workout snack. So I am eating some vanilla yoghurt and some Kashi Go Lean cereal. If I want some ice cream I might have some, but only after I finish my healthy post-workout snack.

I have a good feeling about Wednesday. I’m a shrinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment