Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Patience

I started swimming again this week. I was talking to my friend last weekend and she started swimming two years ago with her other friend (but she moved back home). And although I swam for years as kid, I stopped when I was about 12 and last December ('07) I started again but stopped in March.
When I was talking to my friend, I remembered how much I enjoyed swimming and although it did not fit into my school schedule, now that I am working, I figured I'd try. And I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

On Sunday, I was preparing for a very short swim, not sure how my endurance would hold up and I did a whole 1km!!!! I was so stoked!! I'm not sure I like a 25m pool, I am use to swimming 50m, but it is not bad. And I was ready to go again yesterday. So yesterday I went for a run in the morning and a swim in the evening. It felt good. I am starting to feel like I cannot get enough.

Well, today was weigh in day.

Weight: 212 (↓ 1 lbs)
Waist: 35.75 (↓ .25 inches)
Belly Button: 39.75 (no change)
Hips: 47.75 (↓ .25 inches)
Calories burned (total): 3568 (↑ 1563)

So last week
Walk: 5 times, total 168 mins (↑ 48 mins)
Run: 2 times, 42 mins (↓ 4 mins)
Swim: 2 times, 60 mins (new)
Strength: 3 time, 53 mins (↑ 36 mins)
Pilates: 1, 21 mins (new)

My goal from last week
Walk: 6 times, 210 mins (did not meet the goal)
Run: 3 times, 70 mins (did not meet the goal)
Strength: 2 times, 40 mins (exceeded the goal

My goal for net week
Walk: 6 times, 210 mins (did not meet the goal)
Run: 3 times, 70 mins
Strength: 2 times, 40 mins
Swim: 2 times, 60 mins
Pilates: 2 times, 40 mins
Yoga: 1 time, 60 mins


I lost a pound, I am getting stronger and more flexible and my energy levels are increasing!!! Love it!!!! I have added a few more goals, and I am quite pleased with the progress I am making.

I do have some dietary good news and bad news today. Bad news, I did not make the best lunch choices today. My mum called me to have lunch with her, and I ate all of my burrito plus the mexi fries when I knew I should have ate only 3/4 of it. But, when I went to Cake etc, to pick up something for my mum's b-day on Saturday (I totally forgot) I did not buy anything for myself. Yeah!!!!! That burriot (or chimichanga I should say) really slowed me down and it did not taste as good as it usually does (which is good for me).

Off to do my pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment