Friday, January 9, 2009

Mini Yeah (On Friday)

Morning

I had a mini accomplishment today. I had to get up early to drop my mum to work and I did not eat breakfast. What I would have done is swung by a Tim Hortons, grabbed a bagel, hot chocolate, and either a soup or donut (or both) and then eat because I was really really really hungry.

But instead for financial and health reasons I decided to just feel my hunger and wait. It was a bit hard, because I have a fear of hunger. What it might do to me. As a result, sometimes I eat in anticipation of the hunger in order to avoid it. It makes me wonder why I am afraid of hunger.

So instead of going to Tim Hortons, I went home and had a banana, potato and leek soup, bagel, tea and 1/2 ounce of almonds. I had the almonds while I was preparing the food, and within 5 mins of eating the almonds the hunger started to go away and the angry feeling I get from being hungry started to go away. I am proud that I did not run away from my hunger and resolved it in a healthy way. It is the little accomplishments that makes me happy.!!


From Oprah's show on weight and exercise, Bob Greene (you can get more info at http://www.thebestlife.com/) had these questions to answer. I thought there were great and helped to get to the root why I am the weight I am.

Bob's Questions
What are you really hungry for?
-I am hungry for acceptance and love. Funny thing is, looking back now I have love but at times I push it away.
-I use food to punish myself when I feel like I am not accepted and I use shopping to buy myself acceptance

Why are you overweight?
-I am overweight because I choose to ignore my feelings about myself and my relationships with people
-I eat for punishment and for rewards
-I eat because true success scares me

Why have you been unable to maintain weight loss in the past?
-I use food for punishment
-If I get to a weight and I feel comfortable with my body and I am "attractive" I am afraid that I will still be alone. Being overweight gives me an excuse for being alone.
-what happens when I take that excuse away?

What in your life is not working?
-my ability to trust myself and truly believe in myself and that I have enough
-my ability to handle stress and worry

Why do you want to lose weight?
-to truly value and honour who I am as a human being
-to be the best I can be
-to give myself to the world

I am hoping these questions will help to take the weight off my shoulders and let me be me and live my life in a healthy and fulfilling way.

How would you answer those questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment