Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Day

So I had a good day today.

I ran 2km (the run I should have done yesterday) 5min warm-up and cool down with a 6 min run, 1 min walk, 6 min run, 1 min walk and 5 min run at 4.1 mph. It really feels good to run.

A few hours later I did a in home walking video. I'm a little embarrassed, I think its designed for people who have a hard time exercising. I realized that I love the treadmill for running, but for walking I get bored on the treadmill. I know if I want to be successful of walking everyday on top of my runs and strength training, then I need to mix it up. So if I do two of my crazy/dance walks, and two of the in home walking videos and 3 treadmill walks, that should keep me entertained.

I know I could walk outdoors, but I dislike walking in my neighbourhood. When I move to downtown Vancouver, I am going to look forward to walking and running more outside and getting a bike. But for now, the treadmill and indoor walking will do.

And I did some strength training. On the Real Age website, there are strength training videos by Joel Harper. I like his videos because you either need just yourself (no runners or anything) or the one I did (and enjoyed) uses tubing. I only have one band of tube, so I need to get at least one more, but it was good. I did 14 mins and I can feel it in my body.

I had a good day, a good way to start the new year, so I am looking forward to seeing my improvements and progress the next few weeks. And I just finished watching an episode of X-Weighted and it is good to see people on their journey.

I chose to stay in and have a mellow NYE. I am glad I am starting it healthy!!! Enjoy the rest of your year ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment