Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday part 2

40 mins later.....

Hello lover.

I feel like the past week or so I have been beating my head against the door trying to get in and then suddenly a voice in my head says “turn the door knob silly” and so I do and here I am, standing in the room with a simple twist of my wrist. Well in this case, it is the flick of my feet, but same diff.

Since early December, I’ve been trying to get back into the healthy regime. Usually what happens is, I binge on junk food for the first few days as my meals get healthier and by the time the week is out, I am back to healthy meals, healthy snacks, and regular workouts. This time, it did not happen. You know you exercising is suppose to give you this high, endorphins and all that fun stuff. Well, I felt like I was doing all this work and not getting paid. Just walking clearly was not working for me. And today I ran. And boy did it feel great.

Today’s lesson, running is my lover and that is high I get my high. I cannot express how good I feel. This is what I was trying to get with walking. It is like trying to get off using an oddly shape dildo and then you have so great, real live sex and you think to yourself “whatever were you thinking”.

I know I was afraid to run the past 2 weeks, but clearly I was being an idiot. I was actually resolving myself to this out of shape body and lifestyle; how ridiculous. Now I know, I am as certain as there is a huge pile of snow outside my house (do I need to show you the pics) that my healthy life will be complete in a few short months.

My goals are still to walk 30 mins a day, but to run 3 times a week until 2009 and then run 4 times a week for January and then run 5 times a week from February onwards. There is a 10km race in April I will prepare for.
Body equilibrium – my goal is to reach it by the end of next year. I know I only have 45-60 pounds until I reach that equilibrium, and if I average 2 lbs a week that will take me 23-30 weeks (6-8months) this year I am finishing about 5-10 lbs less than I started. From one perspective, it is goods because I did not gain any this year, on the other hand, it could have been better. So my goal for the future is to average 1.25 lbs a week (5 lbs a month), so I should reach my goal in 9-12 months. If I reach it sooner, great, if I reach it later, great. What matters the most to me is building the habits and changing my lifestyle so that I will be healthy for the rest of my life.

I am so happy and excited right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally feel like I have done it. I have achieved my goals (or that’ll be my post in a few months).

No comments:

Post a Comment