Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas = Chocolate DNE Loosing Weight

Today was weigh in day.

Weight: 206.5 (↑ 1.5 lbs)
Waist: 34.75 (↓.75 inches)
Belly Button: 40 (↑ 0.5 inches)
Hips: 47 (↑ 0.25 inches)
Calories burned (through cardio): 1596 (↑ 292)

Last week I only burned 1304 calories and I gained 2lbs, so this 1.5 gain could be seen as an improvement ;)

Seriously though. I am proud that I am exercising more and that I running more (yesterday I ran for 27 mins + 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down) and I now that once I am back to running 4-5 time a week and walking on the other days with regular strength training, and getting +5 servings of fruits and veggies things will come together. But training to actually loose weight over the holidays is ridiculous. For me, the holidays means over eating and lots and lots and lots of chocolate. I actually told my family that I do not want any chocolate as a stocking stuffer, but I have eaten so much chocolate on my own over the past few weeks (once you deny yourself something that is allllllll you want). I should have just focused on moderation.

And I've had a very laissez-faire attitude with my exercise. Last night I was reading an interview given by the most recent Biggest Loser and she mentioned that you have to exercise whether you want to or not. A simple thing, but I made me realize that I've been exercising only when I want to. Not having a schedule does not help, so for that I am gratefully my H&R Block course starts on the 2nd and college starts on the 8th (really the 9th since I am going to a concert on the 8th). That will help. And I have been cooking (well I made soup once on Saturday, and it was healthy and delicious. I forgot how great it tastes to make great tasting food.

The weight gain is not great but not surprising. And I am glad that I am getting into my groove of working out and exercising. I am going to try and maintain my weight for the next week. Tomorrow is christmas, but because we have to go to Vancouver to pick up my sis (thank you Air Canada http://www.vancouversun.com/Snowfall+wipes+majority+flights+from+Calgary+Vancouver/1112245/story.html) The official day of gluttony will probably be on Friday. Saturday will be left overs and by Sunday I'll be back to being über-healthy.

My weight goal is 5 lbs a month, so by the end of 2009 I'll be down 60lbs. So my weight should be as follows
Jan 206
5lbs 6lbs 8lbs
Feb 201 200 198
Mar 196 194 190
Apr 191 188 182
May 186 182 174
Jun 181 176 166
Jul 176 170 158
Aug 171 164 150
Sep 166 158 142
Oct 161 152 134
Nov 156 146 134
Dec 151 140 134

That means by my graduation, I'll be 176-181 and by the time I head to Europe I'll be 170-176. Now, it I am stellar, I'll be a comfortable swimsuit weight by the time I head to Europe (a 158) but honestly, my bottomline is to be fit and healthy by the time I start work and weight 166 at the beginning of September is just find by me.
The point where I do not second guess my physical ability to go on a 2-3 hour hike or go on a bike ride, wearing dresses where I feel sexy and not like I am covering up is where I want to be.

But to make it to June or September, I need to focus on what I am doing right now.

And right now I am distracted. Trying to make sure my sis makes it home for the holidays (darn air canada and their cancelled flights).

I hope everyone is well and has a great winter break!!

Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment